Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
opinions, yes they seem pricey for what they are but appear to be pretty slick with leaving the stock placement and not having to remove or add when doors are removed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like a cool idea and a neat solution for those of us who like to roll without doors, or switch between doors, tubes, or doorless a lot. But only time will tell if the springs will hold up, if they vibrate excessively, if dirt or mud scratches up the sliding surface over time, ect...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Cool design, but I would have preferred they design it to reuse the stock mirrors instead of forcing you to buy a second set.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I agree, great idea....but price is a little high. I also agree that it would be nice to reuse my current mirrors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would pay $100 bucks for it. Instead I'll just use the quickie in/out mirrors for when the doors are off

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for the comments and concerns regarding the new Quadratec Automatic Mirrors. I have spoken with my product design team. They've stated the reason we are including mirrors is that JK's have 2 different diameter internal sleeves for the varying years. Had we sold them without mirrors we would have had to produce two different styles. Due to this, we chose to include the mirrors.

Also, very often the OE mirror heads are corroded into place and are extremely difficult to remove. All customers with power/heated mirrors need new heads anyway, and there's a good amount of you out there with the power/heated mirrors.

The aluminum and components used are high quality aircraft grade made with precision CNC machinery. This adds to the cost, but adds greatly to the quality of the overall units.

These have not been tested on soft doors. I don't believe the soft doors are heavy enough to move the mirror properly. They are only recommended for use on full steel doors (or no doors). They may work with some aftermarket doors, but we're not able to test all the possible options available. They were engineered to work properly doors on or doors off.

Hope this helps!

If you would like a quote on these, please PM me with your full name/address/zip and the part number(s) you want to order. I'll PM you back with a quote.

Thanks!

-Rick

·
Registered
509 Posts
If they are anything like the relocation brackets they sell, you won't be able to see much of the right side mirror at all behind the A pillar. Also, it looks like they would interfere with the door. I have the Rugged Ridge round mirrors that I leave installed year round. They look right (I always thought the JK mirrors were too bulky and boxy looking) and they are both usable.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
If they are anything like the relocation brackets they sell, you won't be able to see much of the right side mirror at all behind the A pillar. Also, it looks like they would interfere with the door. I have the Rugged Ridge round mirrors that I leave installed year round. They look right (I always thought the JK mirrors were too bulky and boxy looking) and they are both usable.
That's specifically what these were designed to resolve. Here's your passenger side view:

Thanks,

-Rick

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
You sure you are "Foolproof"?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
^you made me laugh out loud.

·
Registered
292 Posts
These have not been tested on soft doors. I don't believe the soft doors are heavy enough to move the mirror properly. They are only recommended for use on full steel doors (or no doors). They may work with some aftermarket doors, but we're not able to test all the possible options available. They were engineered to work properly doors on or doors off.
Kudos for mentioning this. This is one of the reasons I like working with Quadratec.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts