Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Wait a minute, they weren't allowed on that kiddie trail with the training wheels off. Shame on Ford.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Yeah... that's the pussy trail worthy of a fat kid on a mountain bike.

Regardless....

I had an FX-4 SuperCrew before the JKHR I have now... I modded it with 35x12.50s, a 3" lift, Detroit lockers front and back, Bilsteins, and a bunch of armor. I basically built a Raptor before Ford did.

I seriously looked at a leftover '14 Raptor when it came time to buy a couple of month ago..... I no longer do heavy towing and I ended up liking the JK a lot better so that's what I got. Price wasn't much of a factor, but the JK was $20k less..... Price aside (I think they're a tad overpriced), the Raptor is a very respectable off-road machine... if a bit too big and a bit too heavy.... Certainly nothing to flame at.

That said.... JKs are better!

·
Administrator
12,456 Posts
Happy to see the are testing it offroad.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The Raptor is a different tool for a different job. I wouldn't rock crawl it but I wouldn't dare pre run a stock JK either. I wouldn't even think about building a JK into a true prerunner, solid axles up front alone stop me from wanting to do that. Imagine how many noises a JK would be making after 500 hard miles at top speed in the desert, jumping shit. HOLY CRAP it would be loud. Anyways, to each their own. Anyone out there enjoying their vehicles (car guys and gals) gets my respect.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have an '89 F250 7.5L 4x4 monster. Its a gas guzzlin mo fo, but I love it. Damn thing passes everything but a gas station.

I don't have it lifted, or anything special done to it. It did come with an extra leaf spring, i don't know if it was done aftermarket or from the dealer. I can haul a yard of 1/4- gravel in the back (about 2500lbs). Not even sure what my tow capacity is.

Anyway, I'm a Ford guy and always will be. Fords don't make anything as interesting as a Jeep though, so here I am, gearing up to buy a Jeep (but keeping the Ford)

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Raptor is a different tool for a different job. I wouldn't rock crawl it but I wouldn't dare pre run a stock JK either. I wouldn't even think about building a JK into a true prerunner, solid axles up front alone stop me from wanting to do that. Imagine how many noises a JK would be making after 500 hard miles at top speed in the desert, jumping shit. HOLY CRAP it would be loud. Anyways, to each their own. Anyone out there enjoying their vehicles (car guys and gals) gets my respect.
you are the second person I've seen use the phrase "pre runner". I can't figure out what is meant by that.

thanks

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Looks like either Mounds or Rocks and Valleys ORV park here in MI.

It costs too much damn money but I won't hate on the Raptor, it's a different kind of off roader.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts