Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JW speaker tails ($295 on Amazon, direct sale) and LITE WAY third light ($43, fulfilled by Amazon).

Definitely adds some subtle coolness.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm very jealous.. Love the way those lights look! I've been showing great restraint buy not buying them yet and smartly upgrading a few other things I needed but it's definitely on my list..

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like that third light, interested to see how it looks lit up! How easy was it to install?
Ridiculously easy...look behind your existing light and there are 4 torx screws. Unscrew, bracket loosens, unplug. Then reverse for the install.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm very jealous.. Love the way those lights look! I've been showing great restraint buy not buying them yet and smartly upgrading a few other things I needed but it's definitely on my list..

I was iffy about them as well, but they look really sharp...and I was able to get them on Amazon for substantially less than on Qtec (and that's NOT a knock on Rick, he just couldn't make it happen).

The third light makes them match more than the stock third.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I like that look. I have a question with only 2 screws holding the tail lights on has anyone lost a set yet. I owned a 1971 Super Beetle back in the Seventies. I kept loosing my tail lights. It got to the point I stayed up a couple of nights to see if I could catch the person using my car as a car part shop.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like that look. I have a question with only 2 screws holding the tail lights on has anyone lost a set yet. I owned a 1971 Super Beetle back in the Seventies. I kept loosing my tail lights. It got to the point I stayed up a couple of nights to see if I could catch the person using my car as a car part shop.
The two screws mount it to the body, but on the opposite side of the screw holes on each light are two plastic prongs built into the light that provide counter pressure and keep them stable.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
The two screws mount it to the body, but on the opposite side of the screw holes on each light are two plastic prongs built into the light that provide counter pressure and keep them stable.
Yes I have had my tail lights off. I was just wondering if anyone who has upgraded to LED tail lights have had them stolen. With a battery gun with a Philips bit those lights will be off in seconds. Just thinking if there was a way to secure them to stop theft.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Yes I have had my tail lights off. I was just wondering if anyone who has upgraded to LED tail lights have had them stolen. With a battery gun with a Philips bit those lights will be off in seconds. Just thinking if there was a way to secure them to stop theft.
It's not an obvious upgrade. It'd take a sharp eyed thief to spot these.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah sorry, misread the post. I was thinking about the same thing. I agree with the post that it's not an obvious upgrade, but agree with you that they are very easy to remove. I garage at night and usually back in to parking spots when I can, so time will tell.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts