Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Pulled the trigger and got a new 2017 Rubicon Recon 2 door, I decided I did not want to wait for the next model. Ourisman in Clarksville, MD was able to get pretty much what I wanted. The only option it has that I did not want is the side air bags. The color was my second choice with Gogi being number 1. (if you are really going to take it off road white is the best color anyway).

My last Jeep was a 2003 Automatic TJ Rubicon. Compared to that this thing is a night and day difference! This rides like a car, it has good power and shifts smooth. The Recon has the 4.10 gears with the automatic and is pretty much loaded. I also decided for the first time in my 49 years, to spring form mods from the start. This way they are covered by the warranty and I do not have to spend a week on my garage floor installing and aligning the new goodies.

I have to bring it back to them next week to install the 3.25" lift and new wheels and tires. Rausch Creek here I come!

I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL for answering the many questions...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Looks pretty sharp. What mods are you doing besides lift and tires? With a 3.25 without a bunch of armor underneath you're going to probably get closer to 4-4.5 inches of lift and need longer driveshafts. Just sayin' is all. If you're wheeling Rausch, I hope you opted for the Kevlar tires, they've got Punji's sticking up all over the damn place on their routing trails - saplings cut off a couple inches above the ground at an angle = perfect for piercing tires.

Best of luck!
O_E

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks pretty sharp. What mods are you doing besides lift and tires? With a 3.25 without a bunch of armor underneath you're going to probably get closer to 4-4.5 inches of lift and need longer driveshafts. Just sayin' is all. If you're wheeling Rausch, I hope you opted for the Kevlar tires, they've got Punji's sticking up all over the damn place on their routing trails - saplings cut off a couple inches above the ground at an angle = perfect for piercing tires.

Best of luck!
O_E
Oh THANKS for the tip about Raush and the spikes of death. THAT would suck as they are almost 3 hours from home. Maybe I will hit Budds Creek instead for a first run....

I had planned on Toyo Open country as I have those on me F350 and like them.

Extended Drive shafts are part of the package, the dealer was only too glad to sell them to me, along with the Back Country shocks.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Good looking jeep! Congrats on the purchase. Quite the change from a TJ. I hadn't even test driven a JK when I bought my hardrock. I was pleasantly surprised with the improvements over the 18 year difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Oh THANKS for the tip about Raush and the spikes of death. THAT would suck as they are almost 3 hours from home. Maybe I will hit Budds Creek instead for a first run....

I had planned on Toyo Open country as I have those on me F350 and like them.

Extended Drive shafts are part of the package, the dealer was only too glad to sell them to me, along with the Back Country shocks.
NP glad you got the message. We went in the wife's JKU and her (old) tires got torn the F up. We were planning to replace anyway but there were a bunch of tread sections just ripped right off.

Not sure what's closer to Elkridge, but if you're willing to make the drive out near the VA/WV line where it meets MD, there's Chaos ORP (Capon Bridge, WV) and The Cove (Gore, VA) - about a 1.5-2 hour drive from western 'burbs of DC here, but I take my time and stop at at least 2 Sheetz along the way to get trail food and gas, and fuel up the Jeep :)

O_E

Reactions: GDM

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NP glad you got the message. We went in the wife's JKU and her (old) tires got torn the F up. We were planning to replace anyway but there were a bunch of tread sections just ripped right off.

Not sure what's closer to Elkridge, but if you're willing to make the drive out near the VA/WV line where it meets MD, there's Chaos ORP (Capon Bridge, WV) and The Cove (Gore, VA) - about a 1.5-2 hour drive from western 'burbs of DC here, but I take my time and stop at at least 2 Sheetz along the way to get trail food and gas, and fuel up the Jeep :)

O_E
Oh man THANKS AGAIN! Those are BOTH closer to me....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts