Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 JK with a 2 1/2 in. lift(rocky road) and wanna put on steel rims and 285/75/17's. Will I need new tire pressure warning sensors? Will I have to recalibrate so I don't see lights n hear bells? Any thoughts on where to get what I need at a reasonable price?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I have a 2012 JK with a 2 1/2 in. lift(rocky road) and wanna put on steel rims and 285/75/17's. Will I need new tire pressure warning sensors? Will I have to recalibrate so I don't see lights n hear bells? Any thoughts on where to get what I need at a reasonable price?
Rocky Road? Mmm. Kinda like Cookie Dough, too. Anything with nuts and chocolate chips...

As for the steelies, heavy, especially in the 17" size. You'll need your stock TPMS sensors switched over to the new wheels, or you'll need new sensors, if you wanna keep em. Best bet would be to buy an AEV Procal so you can set em to a lower threshold (say, 20 PSI), or ditch em and turn the sensor warnings off altogether. You'll wanna run your new tires at a much lower PSI than the stock tires.

I threw my TPMS away, and just check my tires every time I fill up. I know, prehistoric, right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks kbwwolf, steelies are a bit heavy but a ton less money. Guess they'll do for now til the income gets higher. thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts