Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, so i want to get new rims for my 2011 rubicon, right now it has the stock tires that came with it (17x 31 BFG mud terrains) my question for you all is will they fit on a a 17x9 wide rim seeing as they are 7 inch right now it would be a bit of a stretch and i realize i would lose some ground clearence, just curious if anyone has tried it, if the tires fit the rims, and how much clearence they ended up losing.....not: i am lifting the jeep 2-3 inches in the near future

also im hearing some squeaking from the clutch im going to have the dealership take a look at it im just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue there is only 8k on the engine right now and when the clutch pedal is depressed...no squeaking, when released on idle i will hear a squeak, even when driving at lower speeds i will also hear it, ive climbed right under the jeep and the noise is clearly from the clutch are

any feedback would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats precisely the reason i want to change the rims to get a bit less backspacing there and have the wheels out a bit for when i lift it,

and sorry not sure what you meant by TSB's....sorry new to the forum and jeep community lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool thanks for all the help

·
Registered
374 Posts
The "Squeal/Squeak" noise is your Throwout Bearing requiring replacement! I have had 2 replaced already, but the 3rd replacement has been good!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mine squeaks. I can really give a hoot. I guess if my jeep was new I would have a problem with it.
Folks on here having it replaced 2 even 3 times :eek: like above.
Not worth the hassle IMO
Throw-out bearing replacements were covered under warranty...worth the hassle. Next time it goes I will replace the entire clutch system with a Centerforce kit!

·
Registered
780 Posts
.....and i realize i would lose some ground clearence, just curious if anyone has tried it, if the tires fit the rims, and how much clearence they ended up losing.....
I am not quite sure what you are getting at here, but if you are thinking the vehicle will sit lower with the same tyre on wider rims, then no, it wont. It will sit exactly the same as it does now :)

The only downside would be the increased chance of the tyres bead coming off the rim, especially in an aired down situation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the feedback here my jeeps going in tommrow to look at the squeak i was worrie about them charging me all kinds of crap for it lol, and that picture there helps i just need to decide if i want to keep the stock rims and tires or change too the 15 inch rims with 33 inchers on there i persoanlly like the way the small rims with big bastard tires looks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts