Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought and installed new Power Stop Z36 rotors and pads about 2 months ago. I noticed the rear driver side had some odd wear on it a couple days after installing. Figured I would give it some time to see if it corrected itself and it has not. Not exactly sure what’s going on with it. I know the caliper is good, I inspected all pads and rotors before installing them and everything seemed fine and didn’t notice any kind of defects. All other pads and rotors seem to be wearing normally for the most part.

I’m now also starting to hear what seems like a very faint brake squeak but only when I let off the gas. Doesn’t happen when I’m braking either. Not sure if it’s related but I can’t really pin the noise down to the same wheel as the wearing pad.

Any ideas why this is happening? Here are picture of four rotors:

https://imgur.com/a/kHbwQtC

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Interesting. Pop the caliper off and see what the pads look like. It almost looks like there was metal-to-metal contact, but the new pad would have to basically disintegrate to cause that. Otherwise, it looks like the pad is dragging and causing an unusual pad material transfer due to overheating the pad. No matter what, you need to look at the pads and also make sure the caliper moves freely on the pins.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Pop the caliper off and see what the pads look like. It almost looks like there was metal-to-metal contact, but the new pad would have to basically disintegrate to cause that. Otherwise, it looks like the pad is dragging and causing an unusual pad material transfer due to overheating the pad. No matter what, you need to look at the pads and also make sure the caliper moves freely on the pins.
Will do! I checked all the calipers before installing these and this one seemed perfect. It was actually the driver front that was giving me problems. Seemed closed to seizing but it has been wearing near perfect. But I’ll definitely take it off and check it. Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts