Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order myself a new fully loaded 2020 Rubicon and was wondering if there was any reason I should not get the Advanced Safety Group. ( or any other feature )
This feature has the advanced brake assist, full speed collision warning and automatic braking, adaptive cruise control and auto high beams. I'm pretty sure that the system can be turned off while offloading and rock crawling which I plan to do. anyone agree? disagree? Anyone have the advanced safety group and go rock crawling?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You had me sold at adaptive cruise control. (depends where the sensor is and how it responds to lifts)

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s a big ‘ol box
Yep, that's a draw back on it but I don't see it as a deal breaker. I typically don't need to see anything over the top of the mirror, but I will say I have not sat in a Wrangler with one in it yet. I will sit in one before I purchase.

·
Retired Moderator
100,513 Posts

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
I really wonder how well these systems will work or cause problems with a lift.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I am lifted. Advanced safety group works fine. I have mine set out to far. I use the lidar cruise control all the time. At first I did not trust it. Then I played with different levels of safety gap. Now I just pick the gap based on how I feel like driving and the traffic. The more busy the traffic the closer I let it get to the car in front of me spaced out traffic and I go out to max safety gap. I know that sounds backwards but it is not. If you try to leave a big gap in busy traffic someone will jump in the hole guaranteed. I have only had the auto braking catch me by surprise once and it was right after a dealer visit and the dopes reset my sensor.

I have the side sensors set to silent but turn the light on my mirror. This has been terrific. I won't say I completely rely on it but it is a great reminder when you want to change lanes.

Overall, I am very pleased with both the basic and advanced safety groups.

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
That’s good that it can handle bigger tires. I would think there is a tire size limit beyond which the braking distance becomes reduced such that the system cannot adapt. I have all the driver assistance options on my AMG and sometimes it drives pretty aggressive and scares the shit outta me. - I’m a very poor passenger. It took me some time to learn to trust the car, but still it catches me off-guard occasionally.

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Good point. I have a 2" Mopar lift and 35" KO2 tires. It does take a while to trust it and many times I will see cars cutting into my space and just cancel the cruise control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts