Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once is a while i stumble on a product that sparks my interest. Today its the new boat side style sliders by Rugged Ridge. Whats interesting is how they mount ..100% bolt on NO drilling like other similar sliders. I dont know if thats a Good thing or bad thing, what are your thoughts? I really like the look and would be interested if i did not own awesome VKS sliders.

Just thought id share :)

http://www.off-road.com/blog/2016/0...ounces-xhd-rock-sliders-for-jk-jeep-wrangler/

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
These looks great! I like the idea of not having to drill into the tub.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Get some Fluid Film in there :thumb:
Things that contact the Body make me nervous. Back in the day I used to put camper tape on my P/U truck beds before installing the bedliner then one day (30 Years ago) I thought there has to be a better way and I put Tennis Court Rubberized paint w/sand in it on my P/U Truck bed.
Who knew.
How many years was that before "spray in bedliners"?

I'm such an idiot.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I was interested in them until I saw MSRP starting at $853.99.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I was interested in them until I saw MSRP starting at $853.99.
I think they've dropped the price since. The only thing that's cool is that you don't need to drill out your quarter panel, but it looks heavy as hell. Although, the real question at hand is if they can really be banged up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd still be a bit concerned about their placement against the painted parts of the jeep. Anything touching will more than likely cause some long term damage (think parts slowly sliding against each other, etc).

I'm also interested. Who will go first?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts