Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the weekend I replaced and did the following on my Jeep:

- New Idle Air Controller
- New Throttle Position Sensor
- New O2 Sensor
- New MAP Sensor
- Cleaned Throttle Body and components
- New Fuel Filter

Now, my Jeeps runs a lot stronger now. I can tell that I restored some of the engines power by driving it around tonight.

But, my Idle is now at 1.4-1.6 instead of its usual .6 - .8, that's a little too high. I mean, it's great for shifting b/c it doesn't drop as quick, but I know it's now supposed to be that high.

My 1st question, does the EEC have to "re-learn" how I drive with these new sensors installed? I drove it only once for about 25 minutes around town at all different speeds and cruising speeds.

Second question, is there a "wrong" way to install the TPS? When I took it out, I didn't notice what side the TB rotating pin was on, does that matter? You can either install it on the left side of the "cone" or the right side of the "cone", I chose the left side.

I disconnected the Throttle Cable so I can eliminate a tense or loose cable, but what do yous think could be making it idle so high? Thanks.

·
Registered
787 Posts
sounds like your throttle body may have a leak around the gasket area and sucking air..you did torque it down correctly? or a vacuum leak was created when hooking up the MAP sensor.....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jfbilbro said:
sounds like your throttle body may have a leak around the gasket area and sucking air..you did torque it down correctly? or a vacuum leak was created when hooking up the MAP sensor.....
Hmm interesting, that's would do it... I did torque it down but I will definitely 2x check. Is there a way I could leak check it w/out removing it and ruining the gaskets?

I barely moved the MAP sense line though so I doubt I cracked it or something, but I'll look in to it asap, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts