Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here and a new jeep owner. I currently have a set of 33 Goodyear MT/R on there now, the front 2 are choppy and need replacing but the back 2 have 95% tread.
Replacement cost is about $850 (not installed) for just the two and I'm realizing for a couple hundred more, I could get a full set.
I have no real attachment to my current tires, I haven't owned it long enough/lived in my current city long enough to know where to take it off road yet, it's mainly a DD now, so i'd like to know if there's another tire that functions well in both off-road and DD setting.

·
Registered
430 Posts
$850 for two tires seems steep. I would dump the remaining three and get a good all-terrain tire. I have BF Goodrich K02s and absolutely love them. Great on-road manners and very capable on the trail. I paid a couple hundred more than you for all five mounted. Welcome to the club and enjoy your new Jeep!

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I got five(5) new 33" Toyos mounted for about $1000.
Much better than my MTs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We bought this set off a friend, so I didn't realize the initial cost. They average about $400/tire, which I'm not loving.
I had some BFGs on there before, do you find the ko2 to have a pretty aggressive looking tread? I was checking out the Toyo AT2 extremes today in person and didn't love them. A local shop was trying to talk me into some X3 tires last week, but I didn't trust he was doing it for anything other than commission.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think I like the look of my MTs a little better, but these drive worlds better and are so much quieter. They look aggressive enough for me at least.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts