Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a teraflex leveling kit-if I replace the shocks will I get any lift from it? If somewhat shocks would work the best? I have a 14 JKU Sport.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Rancho 9000XL's are popular around here and they are adjustable with nine settings.

You do not gain height from shocks. It is springs or coil spacers that will give you a lift.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
If you want lift you will need to either replace the coils or add a spacer as in your leveling kit to your stock coils.

As stated, the 9000XLs are popular among owners that want a softer ride because you can choose one of 9 compression damping setting. However, there are better choices if your are more concerned with performance, particularly those that are specifically tuned for your coils. Since your Jeep is close to stock then even a set of Rubi takeoffs are a good choice for a low price.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the coil spacers from the leveling kit so what coils would you recommend? Rubicon coils? And they would provide a little lift?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts