Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hit 29k miles on my 2011 JK and the guy who installed my lift kit, tires etc said once I hit 30k I may need new shocks... What are some good shocks?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Are your shocks actually worn out? Do they leak, are your tires not wearing properly? There are lots of reasons to change your shocks, including just because you want to. But changing them without knowing their current condition is certainly questionable.

There are lots of good shock options, but do you understand what they do and what you really need? Here's a great read on shocks.
A simple guide to shocks

Mike

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
How big of a lift do you have? Do you offroad a lot? You don't need to change the shock's if they aren't bad.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rancho 9000XL's - adjustable for onroad/offroad use.

Rancho 5000X's - middle setting of the 9000's but not adjustable, BUT cheaper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are your shocks actually worn out? Do they leak, are your tires not wearing properly? There are lots of reasons to change your shocks, including just because you want to. But changing them without knowing their current condition is certainly questionable. There are lots of good shock options, but do you understand what they do and what you really need? Here's a great read on shocks. A simple guide to shocks Mike
The shocks still have some life , but I was looking at changing them anyways, thank you !

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm running the Fox 2.0's Performance series and they are pretty good from what I have seen and for the money $129 each. I had Bilsteins before and they were great too. Had pro comp before and those were junk.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you're running a 2.5" lift and stock shocks with out extensions, that's not optimal anyhow. Rancho 9000's are great shocks, and what I run. Never ran Blistens, but have a few buddies that do and they like them, but say they are a tad stiff. I like the adjustability of the Ranchos. Word of advice, if you get Rancho's, install the rear with the adjustment knob facing up, not down. I broke one off on a rock and had to replace it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running the Fox 2.0's Performance series and they are pretty good from what I have seen and for the money $129 each. I had Bilsteins before and they were great too. Had pro comp before and those were junk.
For the price of Pro Comp they look junk. But ok thanks i think I'm going to get the fox

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're running a 2.5" lift and stock shocks with out extensions, that's not optimal anyhow. Rancho 9000's are great shocks, and what I run. Never ran Blistens, but have a few buddies that do and they like them, but say they are a tad stiff. I like the adjustability of the Ranchos. Word of advice, if you get Rancho's, install the rear with the adjustment knob facing up, not down. I broke one off on a rock and had to replace it.
Ranchos have many good reviews.. I need to look into those as well thank u

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Ranchos have many good reviews.. I need to look into those as well thank u
Yeah, my brother is running the Rancho 9000's on his and he loves them. Also something to look into for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts