Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 99 stock sport Tj and I know my driver side rear shock is blown and the rest of the shocks are pretty worn out. What I was wondering is I know I want to replace the shocks

Thing is I want to upgrade them...I am looking to get a lift when the money come so I dont need to get some really expensive shocks just some that are a bit better than stock.

What would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mecarcrazy I'll do that later when I'm off work. Ha my ride quality is absolutely terrible right now with how my shocks are.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I replaced mine with OME shocks this summer without a lift. Big improvement in ride quality (my old shocks were not shot). I agree with the previous suggestion, my ride does appear to be sit higher even without the lift. According to ARB these shocks can be used with no lift up to a 2 inch lift.

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Lots of threads on here asking about shocks. Search them out and you will get more than the limited number of opinions above and therefore more options on other good inexpensive shocks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i am also a big fan of OME these days, but i have also used the usual other
shocks out there (rancho and others). i didnt have any problems with the others,
but old man emu is stuck in my head as a great setup, if only because its
my most recent and thus fresh in my mind :)
but also what the first reply said...get a spacer setup with whatever you go
with that will be about equal to the lift you want in the future, and you wont
have to replace shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts