Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At exactly 100 miles, I added new shoes to my '14 JKUS. I went with 285/70-17 DuraTracs mounted on Moto Metal 951's. I was expecting more road noise compared to stock, but I really can't tell the difference.

That last image was obviously the before shot. I like them!

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
What PSI are you running? I got the same tires in the same size, and the tire shop I got them from pumped them to 35 PSI, I'm going to drop them to 30-32 PS to smoother the ride.

Your ride is sweet though!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sweet thanks for the pictures, thats the tire size I want for my winter tire set up. Looks like you went from penny loafers to hiking boots. Looks good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dang!! Looks 10x's better!! You running a lift?? I ordered same wheels as you, but with bf Goodrich T/A K/o tires at 285/70/17 at 8.5 with 4.5 BS. I'm hoping my wheels will look just like yours. I'm currently running stockers :atomic:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I agree, a huge improvement in style.

The air pressure is at 38, and I figure I'd play with that every few days or so until I dial it in to what works best for me.

I also went with the 4.5 BS, and have so far not experienced any rubbing with no lift. The end of June will be the first chance to take it up to the mountains, and hopefully a little fun, so that'll be the test for anything more severe.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Amp'd and the black wheels are a great combo. Sharp looking rig.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looks beautiful, can't wait for my JKUR in Amp'd to come in. I'm going to do those tires too. I've got them on my current JKU Sport and love them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Stubbys

These are with my stock tires. The b4 and after WITH THE STUBBY BUMBER KIT. I'm LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING MY NEW WHEELS DELIVERED. GOING WITH THE 285/70/17S ALSO WITH ONLY A LEVELING KIT . Sorry 'bout all caps. Didn't realize I had the caps lock on and I'm too lazy to re-type. Would look great with your tires. IMHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks sweet! i just did the same to mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts