Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got every thing back together after putting in new clutch kit[LUK] on my 92 .took it for a test drive of 4 miles,great I thought.parked it in the barn and waited for a nice day to drive it cause I'd taken the top off.well Fri. was that day,so I drive out of the driveway and going down my road when I was shifting into second,pushing in the clutch pedal and could'nt.did not push in and jeep kept on moving so I ran it onto my yard and shut it off.The pedal finally pushed down w/it off but when I looked under saw the dreaded Hyd.fluid leaking out the bell housing.The master was almost empty so I refilled it and pumped the pedal again and it bottoms out.so I pushed it to the barn w/my tractor and Sat. I dropped the tranny ,took out the slave and it was froze.could not move it in or out.took it back to NAPA and will pick up a new one tomorrow.hopefully will have it back together wed.I guess the good is I'm getting good at dropping the tranny and putting it back in.don't have to pay for a new slave as it was under warrenty.I tore open an old slave to see how it works and frankly there isn't much to them so I'm stumped on how this thing went south on me.If I do'nt get more than 4 miles out of the next one I'm putting it on CL and will start looking for a newer model....russ

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wound up with a bad one from advance auto also. Before you put the slave in there are 2 small u shaped wire clips the hold the feed and bleeder lines into the slave. Make sure they are fully seated and the open end is crimped bait so the don't work out. These hold the lines in so if they come out then no clutch. Make sure the slave is square on its locating tab on the tranny. Not sure if the NAPA directions mention it, don't remove the little plastic straps that hold the slave collapsed. When you bleed it these will release on their own. Lastly if you're that frustrated with the internal setup you can always put in a '93 or newer bell housing that has the external slave.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts