Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be missing the tailgate bar retainer clips and hold down straps.
Where should they be located in a new Jeep?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought a new in box premium top from someone off craigslist and the two tailgate retainers were in the box with the windows and not with all the rest of the plastic parts.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Bolts

Do you mean the ones over the doors or the ones on rear of the roll cage. The ones over the doors, use the ones you took out.
For the cage mount check under the patch on the shroud if there's ever been a soft top they may have left them there
or just go to jeep and buy them.jj

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I seem to be missing the tailgate bar retainer clips and hold down straps.
Where should they be located in a new Jeep?
My hold down straps and the straps to roll the window (do NOT recommend using) were all in the glove box with the users manual.

I just bought one on craigslist and I'm missing the bolts that attach to the roll cage. can i get those at a dealership??
You can get them there, but I'd check other places first. Dealer is going to charge you a :censored: of money.

Go to the first post in the Soft Top HELP thread. There's a list of parts there in a link at the bottom. Check the specs on the missing screws and see if it's something you can pick up from Home Depot or Lowes or maybe a Fastenal, if you have one local to you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My hold down straps and the straps to roll the window (do NOT recommend using) were all in the glove box with the users manual.

You can get them there, but I'd check other places first. Dealer is going to charge you a :censored: of money.

Go to the first post in the Soft Top HELP thread. There's a list of parts there in a link at the bottom. Check the specs on the missing screws and see if it's something you can pick up from Home Depot or Lowes or maybe a Fastenal, if you have one local to you.
M6-1x20 tapping screw (rear frame soft top bracket) 06503259 | Hardtop Drop

Hey Star in the link are these the ones that attach it??

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was missing the bows that attach to the knuckle. When I got my soft top. Got the top last fall and didn't put it on and realize it till this spring. Any ideas where to get a set of these? The stealership wants and ungodly amount for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts