Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so this Christmas I got a much needed, new sail cloth replace-a-top from bestop. I'm pretty excited to get it on but its going to be around the 50s for a while weather wise. My question is do I have to wait for the weather to warm up or is there another way to get it loosened up enough to put on the jeep?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would say depending on sun. If it is in direct sunlight it should heat it up enough. Or heated garage?

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Yes it has to be At least 72 degrees.

Don't try it like I did :eek:

Heard of people cranking the heat so I figure I give it a try. I was almost an inch away from the slots in the door Surrounds.
If you force it you might bend the hardware or rip the stitching. Not worth it IMO.

Wait for a nice warm day :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about the lateness of the reply, I had my wisdom teeth removed. So I really don't want to mess the top up, but I'm dying to put it on. I guess I'll have to wait because if I mess it up then I'm just up the creek. Apparently my mom was right, patience is a virtue. This is going to suck!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ask all the girls on your facebook to come over with their hair dryers.

Extra points if you get pics.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kota7x said:
If you have a garage and a space heater you can warm the garage and the top and install.
I have a garage but I'll just have to find a space heater.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice. I need to get a new top for my 97 black with spice TJ too. It will be sail cloth Bestop too. Is it more quiet than stock? My stock is NOISY!!! But I have the hardtop on now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think its much more quiet especially considering I had, I think, denim with a couple rips at the seams. Everything fits up almost perfectly and there isn't extra fabric hanging around anywhere. Just be aware that in the header bar there's probably 14 screws. My top came with provisions for 8. The directions said it didn't matter but I lined the screws up and ran them through anyway. I feel like it held it together better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts