Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Rubicon and the stock radio died. I put in a Sony receiver and radio-but the speakers intermittently cut out, sometimes right side, sometimes left side, they go out typically until I turn a corner or hit the heater button on and off-actually the heater button is the most reliable way to get them back on.

I see a lot of posts along these lines: checked the wiper connection in back, made Quadratec send another radio and wiring kit, I’m out of ideas short of finding another stock system and abandoning idea of upgrade (assuming that works).

It’s not the receiver, it’s not the actual speakers (worked fine with old stock system). Random things cause them to come back online such as turning, console button fiddling-but not bumps in the road so much. Used two different wiring kits-they are plug it in and go-nothing to get wrong.

Any ideas appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I do not have a 2007 so I am not completely sure how that year is designed. My 2014 with alpine option had a factory amp that was integrated with the CANBUS. I replaced the factory amp, head unit, speakers and pulled new speaker wires. Basically bypassed the entire poorly designed system. You may have an amp that is integrated to the CANBUS. That could be part of the issue. Others here may know more about the design of a 2007.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not have an Infinity system, no name stock system with the sound option in leading the large speaker in back and speakers on roll bar.

I had never heard of a CANBUS, but sounds interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts