Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace all the speakers in my 2000 tj sport, trying to figure What size for roll bar and dash and what the will give the best audio without breaking my bank.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I know 6.5 conponents can fit in roll bar and dash with minor fab. Crazy good sound

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
6.5's in the sound bar and 5.25 in the dash with adapter brackets. polk DB's are a great speaker for the price and they're marine rated so no worries about them getting wet

·
Retired Moderator
104,208 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Im have 3k in my system in stock locations. You should tell us your budget and if your willing to run amps

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking to replace all the speakers in my 2000 tj sport, trying to figure What size for roll bar and dash and what the will give the best audio without breaking my bank.
I used 5.25" kickers in the dash, 6.5" kickers in the speaker pods on the roll bar, and an 8" SSL subwoofer under the rear seat. I'm using a CHEAP second hand JVC head unit to supply the music. I'm under $300 for the entire system and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I bought this Sony DSX-GS80 Digital media receiver (does not play CDs) at Crutchfield
45X4 RMS because I did not want to put an amplifier in since its mainly a trail rig. 6.5" speakers on the roll bar, 5.25" speakers with the adapter in the dash. Sounds good, but could use a little more bass. I am not willing to cede any more space in the already tight TJ for a sub though.

·
Registered
2001 Sport 4.0 Auto
85 Posts
I replaced the front speakers with 5.25's. I tried the adapter plates first and then upgraded to the enclosed pods. The pods are definitely expensive for what they are but they sound much fuller than the open back plates did.

Most 6.5 speakers will fit in the rear soundbar. You may need to put the screws in new locations but that's no big deal.

My buddy and I both bought Sony MEX head units, with the high output amps built in, at roughly the same time from different retailers. They have been suggested by multiple users here due to our Wranglers not having a lot of space to stash an amp. They both failed just outside of warranty. Just my anecdotal experience but I personally will not recommend them to anyone else. I think I'll just be upgrading to separate amp in the near future.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I replaced the front speakers with 5.25's. I tried the adapter plates first and then upgraded to the enclosed pods. The pods are definitely expensive for what they are but they sound much fuller then the open back plates did.

Most 6.5 speakers will fit in the rear soundbar. You may need to put the screws in new locations but that's no big deal.

My buddy and I both bought Sony MEX head units with the high output amps built in at roughly the same time from different retailers. They have been suggested by multiple users here due to our Wranglers not having a lot of space to stash an amp. They both failed just outside of warranty. Just my anecdotal experience but I personally will not recommend them to anyone else. I think I'll just be upgrading to separate amp in the near future.
Well crap. This is the first time I didn't go Pioneer. If mine fails I will report it on this thread. I would have bought Pioneer if they had a higher amp system. I have never had a pioneer fail that didn't go under water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts