Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new speaker system in my 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I'm looking for a louder, more crisp sound in my music especially on the highway with the soft top. Should I replace the headboard or all the speakers in general?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I'd rather replace the headboard than add a sub in the back though. Had one previously and enjoyed the bass but did not really increase the quality of the music up front.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Thanks for the input, I'd rather replace the headboard than add a sub in the back though. Had one previously and enjoyed the bass but did not really increase the quality of the music up front.
This sub is under the front passenger seat so it definitely helps up front.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Significant difference to me. Correct, no amp.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just replaced my 12 JK "base system" speakers with the Kicker 77KICK10 upgrade from Mopar. HUGE difference.. Way more bass and much clearer highs with nothing more than a speaker swap.. I wasn't expecting much but wow.. Looking at Dr. Evils link, they may even be the same speakers, just re-named. I bought an 8" powered Bazooka tube at the same time but I'm in no hurry to install it because The sound is so much better already.

EDIT: NOt the same speakers as Dr Evils. The ones I got are 75 watt RMS, have a silvery cone and are made to factory fit in my JK. Three screws and they drop right in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts