Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 TJ stock and I think its time for new springs / shocks. I dont really have any interest in lifting the jeep. Whats a good recommendation for new shock and springs that wont break the bank? I just want a softer ride.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I checked out their site but it seems way to complicated. I'm just looking to replace what I have now with better performance, no lift.

·
Registered
831 Posts
BDS 2'' suspension lift (shocks and springs). Slight lift, and same or better ride than stock. Great for what I needed. (See sig pic with lift and 32" tires).

Allot of good products out there. I liked, and had no issues with the BDS product.

Good luck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. So for the bds lift at 2", did you have to mod anything else our just install the shocks and springs??

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a 2000 TJ stock and I think its time for new springs / shocks. I dont really have any interest in lifting the jeep. Whats a good recommendation for new shock and springs that wont break the bank? I just want a softer ride.

He doesn't want any lift....

Use OEM style components...RockAuto Parts Catalog

Pick your preferred brand......

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks. So for the bds lift at 2", did you have to mod anything else our just install the shocks and springs??
I did not! I did have an alignment done after installing the lift. The Jeep was slightly off set about a 1/2" due to the lift. I did not notice it until a few weeks after the install while walking toward at the beach. Easy fix, I just never did it. However, TJs can be different, I've read posts here where with 2" lifts some have had to do minor (inexpensive ) mods.

Good luck, BDS is a quality product if you elect to go that way! Sometimes there vendor offers sales on this forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts