Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
103,570 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A remanufactured starting motor for a TJ will run around $130-150 for the part. New looks to be in the $175 vicinity (if you can find one). Labor should not be over an hour for this job. Starter changes are relatively easy on a TJ. I would expect the total cost to be around $250. Call your auto shop and ask for an estimate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A remanufactured starting motor for a TJ will run around $130-150 for the part. New looks to be in the $175 vicinity (if you can find one). Labor should not be over an hour for this job. Starter changes are relatively easy on a TJ. I would expect the total cost to be around $250. Call your auto shop and ask for an estimate.
Thanks! I have taken it in yet but their estimate is bwtn $300-$500.

o_O

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
If you are able, this is probably one of the easiest DIY projects involving an auto part that you ever do. A small, basic socket set is all you need. YouTube has plenty of instructional videos, if this is something you have never done before. Save yourself the shop fees. Like changing the oil or swapping out an air filter, this is one of those things where it is just silly to pay someone else to do for you, if you can do for yourself. Watch a video and go for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts