Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
* Steer Smarts New Products Coming *

Hey All,

I was talking with Ron at Steer Smarts (Yeti) this morning. He was telling me about some exiting new JK products coming our way. Without going into too much detail, Steer Smarts will be building/offering steering components in Aluminum. To make it even better, they're looking at anodizing some color on them as well! Pretty stoked about this :thumb::appl:

-Steven

·
Premium Member
9,617 Posts
Very cool but I wonder about durability.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What colors would you guys want to see on a tie rod??? I'm thinking Red for sure, what else?

-Steven

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
632 Posts
Id pick up a new Tie Rod in anodized Red or White for my jeep -

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey All,

I was talking with Ron at Steer Smarts (Yeti) this morning. He was telling me about some exiting new JK products coming our way. Without going into too much detail, Steer Smarts will be building/offering steering components in Aluminum. To make it even better, they're looking at anodizing some color on them as well! Pretty stoked about this :thumb::appl:
-Steven
Did he mention a time line for release on these new parts ?

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Id pick up a new Tie Rod in anodized Red or White for my jeep -
Either would look great on a white Jeep!
Did he mention a time line for release on these new parts ?
No set dates, my own suspicion would be SEMA this fall? We'll see if he chimes in.
And here I was upset that I won't be able to order for probably another month.
:eek: Delayed gratification right:happyyes:

-Steven

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anodized red or blue would be awesome. Would be my next purchase if it happens.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Vendor
739 Posts
WOW, just found this thread and already I need twenty different colors of steering gear, "an inventory nightmare". We are looking into aluminum tie rods but probably just one color which would be anodized Red.
There has been some interest from mail received to have a YETI type aluminum tie rod. And, after looking over what's available on todays market, there are many areas of improvement over what's currently available. So, with that said, maybe aluminum YETI's in the future.

·
Registered
798 Posts
WOW, just found this thread and already I need twenty different colors of steering gear, "an inventory nightmare". We are looking into aluminum tie rods but probably just one color which would be anodized Red.
There has been some interest from mail received to have a YETI type aluminum tie rod. And, after looking over what's available on todays market, there are many areas of improvement over what's currently available. So, with that said, maybe aluminum YETI's in the future.
Before I get to the meat of my post: thank you for keeping on the forefront of our JK steering components.

Now onto the real show: while yes, 20 colors would be an inventory nightmare, I think red would severely limit your reach. Personally, I wont do red suspension pieces, plus nothing on my ride is red. I would go black anodized in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Before I get to the meat of my post: thank you for keeping on the forefront of our JK steering components.

Now onto the real show: while yes, 20 colors would be an inventory nightmare, I think red would severely limit your reach. Personally, I wont do red suspension pieces, plus nothing on my ride is red. I would go black anodized in a heartbeat.
Inclined to agree here. I would not be thrilled if red was my only option. Like you, black would be no-brainer.

·
Premium Member
9,617 Posts

I like red, goes good with my gold

·
Registered
209 Posts
Or perhaps a gunmetal/titanium color?

One color to rule them all, that works for everyone regardless of the color of their JK.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts