Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering all kinds of new stuff this week for my jeep.

Already ordered...K&N Air Filter

Ordering on Wednesday...

4.56 Gears front/rear

No-Slip Locker for rear

(Thinking about Herculining tub of jeep)

Should have a fun weekend in a couple weeks installing everything!!

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Sounds like some great upgrades! Keep us updated on the install(s).

·
Registered
63 Posts
cool stuff. I'm doing herculiner on inside tub this weekend.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
You are going to love those upgrades. When you get them installed, I would like to know your opinion on the K&N. We have several in our club that have done it, and not sure if they say good things about it, because of the money they spent, or if they really work. Guess you could say, I am not convinced yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blu, after doing some research i decided to simply get only the filter that i can drop into the stock box, no new intake. But i cant wait to get the gears and the locker. Going out of town in a few weeks, hopefully i can have everything done by then so i can test it in the Mid Florida flag ponds.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
WranglerHawg said:
Blu, after doing some research i decided to simply get only the filter that i can drop into the stock box, no new intake. But i cant wait to get the gears and the locker. Going out of town in a few weeks, hopefully i can have everything done by then so i can test it in the Mid Florida flag ponds.
I think that's a smart move on the air filter. I believe that they are a bunch of hogwash. I always get a kick out ot it when I see people list it as one of their upgrades.

Reminds me of the performance enhancing decals that daddyjeep and jeeperman use on their jeeps. :)

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Hey, ya gotta at least look good!

·
Registered
258 Posts
The K&N filter does help but, only minimally. I bet my nieghbor $20 that he would see a Increase on his truck which eneded up being only 5 mpg so I won. I also bought the one that goes into the stock airbox for my tj and gained maybe 3 miles a gallon at the most. As for power hard to say felt a little peppier. So it does help a little at least I think so.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, i'm not really getting the K&N for power, just for hopefully a little bit better gas mileage. I'm not expecting much from it, only that i know it will be doing better then the stock filter. I am real excited about getting my gears though. I think those 4.56s are gonna be perfect for the setup i'm runnin.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
35s, and i think they will be good with the 38s too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts