Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built and painted this sub box. Also mounted my air compressor inside so now I can get my back seat back in! I think maybe 4 -5 hours build time and painting (used roll on bed liner to paint to match tub) and then about 2 hours install. Had to re-wire the sub and amp and re-route all my wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
nice job! is that 3/4" MDF"

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I was planning on using it but I had some left over 3/4 plywood that I used. Not my first choice but it's quality plywood which from my understanding is a close 2nd to MDF. Sounds great though. Very pleased with how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes do share. Just a tip... Fit it frequently during the building process!! Haha

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 10" 1000 watt jbl sub.

There is a thread somewhere around here with a bunch of sub box plans.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nice!! An Incriminator! is it 10 or 12? What's the volume/tuning?

I have a 12" Elemental Designs Ov.2 series that'll be going in my future Jeep! Hoping to fit it ported.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
not too many people know about IA, but its a great company with quality products and has the best customer support i have ever dealt with.

i have a 12" death penalty(1500rms) i run it off of a MB Quart DSC 1500.1D, i run Knu Konceptz wires all round and all 1/0 gauge wire, the enclosure is a little under 3^ft and tuned to 32Hz.

i have 2 15" death penalties going in my 2011 legacy GT. and gonna power them with the IA40.1

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
yeah the back seat is out and i have a bestop extendatrunk in the back to keep it covered if it rains or if i dont want people to see it.

and i have knu konceptz battery terminals and 300 amp anl in-line fuse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike5087 ... that looks good! I am looking at putting one in my '99 Sahara. Do you have any plans/measurements you used? What did you use for the the bottom stand?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts