Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealership yesterday and some guy just purchased a 2014 Jeep. He told me he didnt want the subwoofer, and was getting it taken out. I was able to purchase the sub and enclosure for $50. Anyway, I have a 2014 sport with no SUB. I feel like there is no bass in that sucker at all. Im thinking I can install this sucker, but im wondering about an amp? Do I need another amp installed for this to work? Everything is stock on my jeep.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am in process of doing the same thing. I have done alot of researcha nd the easiest way to make this and everything work is to buy a Rockford Fosgate Prime R600x5 amp. It puts out 50wx4 and 200wx1. It has a built in crossover and accepts high level input (speaker wire) or low level input (RCA plugs). I also changed the front and sound bar with kicker 6.5, the tweeter with infinity 1301 and the sub itself with JL Audio 8W3v3-4. As soon as the amp and sub are here I will be done and have a decent system that looks stock. I don't need a $3k system that can be heard from 1/4 mile away.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I too have the Sport Unlimited ('14) and just pulled the stock radio and speakers out of it. I ended up following PhilT's advice and got a Rosen CS-CR1210-US head unit, Kicker 6.5's, a 10" Kicker sub and a Kicker amp. Like you I don't need to be a mobile DJ...just wanted better sound than what it came with.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too have the Sport Unlimited ('14) and just pulled the stock radio and speakers out of it. I ended up following PhilT's advice and got a Rosen CS-CR1210-US head unit, Kicker 6.5's, a 10" Kicker sub and a Kicker amp. Like you I don't need to be a mobile DJ...just wanted better sound than what it came with.
My problem is I want to keep my sat radio and steering controls. I know if I replace the head unit it will cost me a lot to get those extra added.

·
Registered
35 Posts
From what I've seen, it's made specifically for Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge to keep the factory look and be plug and play. Think I read steering wheel controls still need to be spliced. Crutchfield shows for 999.00, but just saw Amazon reduced to 699.00.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My problem is I want to keep my sat radio and steering controls. I know if I replace the head unit it will cost me a lot to get those extra added.
Look for idatalink maestro on crtichfield. Programmable via internet and sits between head unit and factory wiring. You can completely keep or modify what steering wheel controls do. Got if for like $70 when I bought my head unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts