Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.....so we all get little:D surprises now & then.

Surendipity:eek: has raised it's joyful :facepalm: smile for me yet again on my 08JK!!!

Just discovered an EASY way around that annoying door chime with the key in & radio on, when you're outside and want to have the door open for a longish period of time and the chime keeps dingingdingingdingingdingingdingin/etc

Before revealing:hide: how dumb I was to miss this for so long, I'd like to see how other forum members solved the problem.....

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think so. Shoot now I have to go test it. Hang on,

...nope, my bad. You can leave the key in the ignition and pull it out a click but the radio turns off.

·
Registered
229 Posts
OK.....so we all get little:D surprises now & then.

Surendipity:eek: has raised it's joyful :facepalm: smile for me yet again on my 08JK!!!

Just discovered an EASY way around that annoying door chime with the key in & radio on, when you're outside and want to have the door open for a longish period of time and the chime keeps dingingdingingdingingdingingdingin/etc

Before revealing:hide: how dumb I was to miss this for so long, I'd like to see how other forum members solved the problem.....
Pull the fuse.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to see general confusion.....heh heh heh.....

let's let this roll a bit & see if anybody REALLY comes up with what ~I~ discovered.....

Hint: SOOOOooooooo easy it was hard to believe it worked.

Hint: Remove NOTHING. Unplug NOTHING.

Interested???

Don't know if it's peculiar just to mine.....or whether anyone else has the same feature.

It would seem to me, that it HAS to be a designed-in thing.....

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Farnham21 said:
Take the battery out and smash it with a hammer duh
Obviously this

·
Registered
821 Posts
KEEP IT SIMPLE SOLUTION
I would just roll down the window and keep the door closed.

SOLVE THE RIDDLE SOLUTION
If the door has to stay open I would unplug the wire harness like your removing the door. (The little red tab needs to go down.) As a side note for reinstalling, I find you want to put an extra twist in the wire. Go in the natural twist direction, to keep the wire/door-stop from sticking out and rubbing your leg.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
OK Jake......I'll Bite.
Say ,did ya ever get rid of the noise in the radio or are ya just puttin up with it ?

Tha Suspense is killin me here..... "BH"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts