Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
My local news had a quick tech segment showing some of the new tech that is coming out. LCD screens in the wrangler with heads up display: KDVR article

·
Registered
76 Posts
The HUD has been around for a while now. It's pretty cool and it would be nice if they do implement it. The new Cherokee's have a big 8.4 screen and would be a nice addition to the new JL. I see good things in jeeps future.
We have that 8.4 touch screen in our Dodge Ram and it is sweet, hardly any lag and a great display. Not 100% sure I would want that in my Wrangler honestly, but for those that do its a really nice option. Much better than the 1700's technology currently in the Wrangler for a touch screen!

·
Registered
379 Posts
We had the 8.4 screen in our Cherokee Trailhawk and now have the smaller 7" (?) screen with nav in the JKU. Frankly, it gives us everything we need, and we really don't miss the 8.4. - Ted

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Maybe they should focus more on securing the tech before implementing it. We saw before what certain people could do to a Cherokee by using a bug in UConnect to disable it on the highway.

https://youtu.be/MK0SrxBC1xs
Old, irrelevant news. Vulnerability is already fixed and the media blew it the hell out of proportion.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The News Media lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
Not sure how the HUD would work since the windshield is nearly vertical. I would love to have a HUD though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts