Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Very nice!!!! But, very pricey. If I'm understanding the web site correctly, the rack itself is $499 - $525 depending on color (silver or black). Then, on top of that, the slat kit (silver only) is $499. This is for 4 door JKUs only.

I do like that it states "Hard top can be hoisted and stored from the rail system".

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice!!!! But, very pricey. If I'm understanding the web site correctly, the rack itself is $499 - $525 depending on color (silver or black). Then, on top of that, the slat kit (silver only) is $499. This is for 4 door JKUs only. I do like that it states "Hard top can be hoisted and stored from the rail system".
I believe the the whole system with slats will be 629. At least that's what they said on there Facebook post which isn't a terrible price.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That isn't terrible, but that's not what they have up on their web site.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is from Dennis Wood on there Facebook page.

There are a couple of options.
The basic carrier without cross slats is $499 . the full meal deal with slats is $639

·
Registered
129 Posts
Now that's a good looking meat rack! Something about all those God awful exo racks drives me crazy. I was about to pull the trigger on a Yakima because there really aren't too many options but this one looks substantially stronger.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It also states that if you already have Thule or Yakima cross bars, you can use those with this rack.

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
andrew8404, Yes, and you have to bolt through the top, and you can't use it if you run a soft top without removing from the hard top. Can you say leaks? You can do the same thing with a junk yard rack off any station wagon for a quarter of the price and get the same weight limit. I am very disappointed with TeraFlex with this rack, they make some of the best stuff out there but this isn't one of them...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wouldn't worry about leaks. Drilling out some holes to mount this thing will likely be more waterproof than the freedom top is. The OEM design is garbage and I've had nothing but puddles under both my front floor mats on numerous occasions. I keep it in a garage and dry it out than send it back to the dealer time and time again with minimal to no results. It's a Jeep, it leaks

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
But you have to unbolt the rack to use with soft top, but it won't work,if you bolt to the roll/sport bar, Like I said get a rack off a old station wagon and save money! You get the same rating. Very poor design from a company that makes high quality stuff, I don't think they thought this one through...

P.S. I was really hoping that they were coming up with something to compete with LoD, and Gobi....

·
Registered
701 Posts
But you have to unbolt the rack to use with soft top, but it won't work,if you bolt to the roll/sport bar, Like I said get a rack off a old station wagon and save money! You get the same rating. Very poor design from a company that makes high quality stuff, I don't think they thought this one through...

P.S. I was really hoping that they were coming up with something to compete with LoD, and Gobi....

They have.............price$

·
Registered
154 Posts
That rack is exactly what I was thinking about making - an external rack that is supported through the roof by the internal roll bars.

I was planning to pick up a hard top in the next year and design/weld something myself, but this looks to be exactly what I would need.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think the system is a great idea and something I would use for hauling a canoe...I don't take the entire top off anyways, just the panels. IMO the price is too high.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No, 500.00 for rack and 480.00 something for slats, now you are in the others price range. If you want to bolt a rack to your roof there are other cheaper ways to do it...
The point is you want the load supported by the roll bar underneath. Yes there are cheaper ways to put a rack on the roof but with a rack only supported by the roof itself you run the risk of cracking your roof with any significant weight on top.

I have a Gobi rack which is very versatile, but also creates drag and takes some effort getting it on and off. I would prefer at this point a system like the Teraflex Nebo or the Rhino Rack which also transfers the weight to the body versus the hardtop itself and both come off with the top.

Price is in line with the other similar systems.

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
I am just pointing out this system is not for any sort of weight and it's cost is approaching that of the high end racks that can carry a good amount of weight. I am just disappointed in Teraflex, as they are known to make great products, not an also ran station wagon rack that I could bolt to the sport bar. Teraflex is better than that...

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
I would get an aev rack over the TF any day. the AEV rack basically has unlimited load capacity.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts