·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Love 'em, wish the backspace was less though.....
Or at least an option for less... But paired with their 1.25" spacers, you're at 3.5" which is spot on for the big tires.

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound

·
Super Moderator
23,237 Posts
8” is just a bit narrow for big tires as most 35-37 call for at least 8.5”.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8” is just a bit narrow for big tires as most 35-37 call for at least 8.5”.
Valid point... I see 35's are typically good at 8", but 37's are mostly 8.5".

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe he misspoke, and it's 8.5" or 9"...... hopefully

A little sleuthing shows they are using a 39x13.5x17 KM3, here's the specs on it...

Ding ding ding! You are the winner... Teraflex has confirmed that they will be 8.5" wide.

The wheels are cool but.....

I want Brooke! Lol....
I figured that would come out sooner than later. 😉

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I'm thinkin these wheels are gonna be in the high $300's per wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I talked to Teraflex at their booth. This is still a prototype wheel and not ready for production. They know the backspacing is not correct yet, that’s one of the things they are going to fix. Along with knurling the bread area. Mentioned a few other thing but I’ve forgotten. I really like the adjustable air down valve, it’s settable for repeat air downs from 10 PSI up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I wonder if those air down valves are lockable or removable. I can just imagine coming out to the Jeep in the parking lot to 4 flat tires.

·
Super Moderator
23,237 Posts
I wonder if those air down valves are lockable or removable. I can just imagine coming out to the Jeep in the parking lot to 4 flat tires.
that was my very first thought and as someone who has damaged a valve stem in the rocks I wonder if they stick out a little too far.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
TF wheels look great, size and offset should finalize to an optimum number. Like the rash ring that one can rattle can repair.
Now Brooke....is what I call fine wine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I talked to Teraflex at their booth. This is still a prototype wheel and not ready for production. They know the backspacing is not correct yet, that’s one of the things they are going to fix. Along with knurling the bread area. Mentioned a few other thing but I’ve forgotten. I really like the adjustable air down valve, it’s settable for repeat air downs from 10 PSI up.

What is knurling the bead area? Did you meet Dennis?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts