Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about replacing my stock tires with 295 70/18. I am also going to lift it two inches. I may have to do something with front end, but if we are speaking about tires alone, what will I notice in terms of ride and or mileage
Any comments would be very much appreciated?

·
Registered
100 Posts
for me, I didn't see any mileage difference around town when I went to 35" tires (I get about 18mpg, but I have a very light foot through 1st gear). I did notice a drop on the highway if I go over 65 (I was getting 21, now only 18.5mpg) I think all terrain tires get much better mileage (and quite) than aggressive tread.... they just don't look as cool. :)

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I am thinking about replacing my stock tires with 295 70/18. I am also going to lift it two inches. I may have to do something with front end, but if we are speaking about tires alone, what will I notice in terms of ride and or mileage
Any comments would be very much appreciated?
Hi Jax, remember that if you plan to run those 33s on the stock wheels with that lift set up, you have to install wheel spaces.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Ride quality will depend on which tires you pick. It can range from nice to horrible. Gas mileage will go down a bit. Remember you will need an AEV Procal or Superchips Flashcal to program the new tire size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts