Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport with the stock 16's and no lift. I'm looking at a tire/wheel package of XD Addict in 17x9 with Toyo Open Country AT in 285/70/17. From what I've researched I think these will fit, but I'd like the opinions of you all before I pull the trigger. The thing that is confusing to me is the wheel dimensions list an 18 offset, not a backspacing distance. How does one calculate backspacing from an offset dimension? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,533 Posts
You want the -12 offset which is 4.5 backspacing. Otherwise that's a good set up.

You might also want to consider a Teraflex 1" spring spacer in front for a tiny bit more clearance and a level look for $32.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
x2. -12 offset is ideal on 9" wide rim but since the tires are only just over 11" wide you can get away with more backspacing (something like 0 offset) if those wheels are available.

There are plenty of offset to backspacing conversion tables available. This link has a table plus a lot of good info on rim terminology:

https://www.rsracing.com/TechWheel.aspx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just wanted to update my post. After a nightmare with the shipping..then with my local Goodyear store for an alignment (they REALLY screwed things up!)...here it is...
Before:

After:

This is my wife's Jeep, she bought for work...she is a rural mail carrier..hence the RHD:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts