Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Wrangler on Friday - got new 31" Bridgestone Dueler tires today. I also found out that the spare tire holder will have to be extended so the fifth tire is sitting in the back seat for now :/

Before and after pics are attached for your viewing pleasure. Do you think I still need a lift, aesthetics-wise? I mainly got it as second vehicle for snow days and it'll probably be fine for that now, but I think my girl may need some high heels...

Also, it's been a long time since I bought a used car and I'm worrying - scrutinizing gauges, sounds, smells, etc. None of my recent cars have had oil pressure gauges and I freaked out a little at how low mine goes when I'm not accelerating. It rests at a little under 1/4 of the way when at a full stop. Does that sound normal? I'm not a "car guy" (or even a guy) so sorry if that's a dumb question.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
you shouldn't NEED a lift, but itd probably look better if you get a small say 2 inch lift. id go with a suspension lift myself, but body lifts are cheap. your oil pressure should read around 40 on the gauge at rest. id change the oil and out a good additive in it before I started examining other issues.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I stacked some washers on my bottom lug on the tire carrier, it helped me clear my 33 over the bumper. Angled spare looks kinda cool too if you ask me!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Your oil pressure should be around 20 at idle. I have owned four 4.0 liter Jeeps and they all had low pressure at idle.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well if you got a small body lift, it'd help you clear the spare tire over the rear bumper

·
Registered
704 Posts
I also hear the oil pressure sending unit notoriously gets weak, mine does that too. From what I read it is nothing to fear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts