Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put new tires on my daughters 99 TJ. I went from the 31x9.5x15 to 31x10.5x15. Now anytime I or my daughter make a sharp turn right or left we hear a rubbing noise. Never had any rubbing noises with the old tires just with these new ones. What could be causing this rubbing and what can I do to solve the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
647 Posts
Are you running stock wheels? Backspacing is prob the issue. Could get new rims with more backspacing or wheel spacers but those have their issues.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Just add a couple washers behind your front steering stops. Total cost is about $.50. Search online for a write-up on how to adjust the steering stops. Takes about five minutes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Youre probably hitting your sway bar. I had that same problem with knobby 31x10.5s. At full turn i would rub the sway bar. Either get new rims or add washers like Big Cole stated. I wouldnt go with spacers.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Just add a couple washers behind your front steering stops. Total cost is about $.50. Search online for a write-up on how to adjust the steering stops. Takes about five minutes.
Here is how to do it.

Jeep Steer Stop Adjustment

I did this 10 years ago without any issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I will go out and get the washers today. Got my fingers crossed it will do the job. They are the stock wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts