Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooper atp 285/75/16 and vision 375 wheels. Got a great deal at DTD and love em so far. Still working on the right air pressure but for me I think I made the right choice!

ForumRunner_20120901_170646.jpg

ForumRunner_20120901_170701.jpg

ForumRunner_20120901_170716.jpg

·
Registered
848 Posts
I was thinking of these tires over the duratracs. Been reading good things about them and they are considerably cheaper than the DTs. What are your thoughts so far?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, I've only driven 50 miles to work today and they were at 80 psi so it was a bit bumpy. On the highway though they were very smooth and quiet. I dropped them to 40 for now but haven't driven it yet. I love the looks though and they are very smooth. I'll update as soon as I get psi right and take em in different conditions. Got all 5 with the rims for 1300 too which made me smile!

·
Registered
762 Posts
massbass22 said:
Honestly, I've only driven 50 miles to work today and they were at 80 psi so it was a bit bumpy. On the highway though they were very smooth and quiet. I dropped them to 40 for now but haven't driven it yet. I love the looks though and they are very smooth. I'll update as soon as I get psi right and take em in different conditions. Got all 5 with the rims for 1300 too which made me smile!
Wow 80psi!!!! That has to ride aweful!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Please tell me you're kidding. That's just flat-out dangerous, man.

For 33's you should be around 30-32 PSI. Do a chalk test, pronto, before you kill some innocent.

How to Chalk Tires | eHow.com

Use the chalk that carpenters use in string lines, so it'll transfer well from your tires to the asphalt. Don't buy the permanent chalk...it'll say on the bottle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's how they came from discount tire. I didn't have a gauge with me st the time and I didn't want to go low.Already dropped them to 40 and just got back from a drive. Very smooth and quiet! Love them so far!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
That's how they came from discount tire. I didn't have a gauge with me st the time and I didn't want to go low.Already dropped them to 40 and just got back from a drive. Very smooth and quiet! Love them so far!
40's still too high. You'll wear a skunk stripe down the middle of your tires, but still have great tread on the outside.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I can drop a couple more but I'm at work now so I can't really do the chalk test. I think around 37 is where I will end up.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Why would DT air those tires up like that? That's dangerous as hell. 32psi, not 37 or 40. 1300 is a sweet price too. Congrats.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Have these tires on my JKU mounted on my stock 17" rims. They make a low hum around 80 mph but doesn't bother me. Just reminds me I'm driving a bada** jeep :thumb:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, it was a great price. I really don't get the dangerous part that keeps being brought up though. It's not like they are over the max tire pressure and wouldn't blow out. Rough ride...sure but why else is it so dangerous?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had mine mounted and balanced at D/T and mine were at 60. I don't think the check the PSI.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts