Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and it seems 35 is a good number according to the other threads but I figured I could ask just in case someone has this combo

I am running Kelly Safari TSR 285/70/17 on stock rims with 1.25 spacers, sitting on a BDS 3" suspension lift with fox shocks.

I have been very busy since my wife got the tires installed but I am pretty sure they are inflated to max because the ride is pretty hateful.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just got mine back with 4" lift and 35/12.50-17's cooper dicoverer st maxx's and installer had them at almost 60 psi. I have since dropper them to about 29 lbs. ride is waaaaayyyyy much better!! I'd say drop I. Down to 30 and if it's still too rough try it as low as 25 but I think that would be my stopping point. I think you'd have to adjust tpms at that pressure anyway.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Just got home from having my BFG MTR 35s installed.. The tire place had them at 35lbs and it was a bit rough.. I dropped them to 30 and took it around the block and the ride was much better but I may lower them even more.. I usually ran my 33 Duratracs at 28 or 29.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
It depends on what rated tire u have, how heavy u are. Do the chalk test. It should wear evenly across the tread. My E rated duratracs I have them at 20 psi

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I ran my 265/70/17 E rated BFG KM2s at 33 - 35 PSI for 2 years, and that was a good feel to me.

I just put on the same tire in 35s and, after a few drives, I think 34 PSI is a bit more squirrely than I like. So, still working on dialing that in to my liking.

Probably wind up in the 30 - 32 PSI range, is my guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts