Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Sahara. First Jeep. Has stock tire/wheels. Looking to upgrade both. I'm thinking black wheels I'm not sure on tires. Would like to go up one size so I don't have to make any adjustments to the suspension. Does anyone have suggestions on tires. Would like to make the jeep look a little nicer.
Thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Any AT or MT that looks even a little bit aggressive looks great in my opinion. I think your concern should be price, ride quality, and what terrain/conditions the tire does best in. ATs for example are good in everything, but not the best in everything either. MTs will do better in mud and dirt, but not as good as an AT in snow or rain, etc. Even between ATs some are better in snow, slush, rain, while some are better on pavement and mud, etc. There's compromises for each one.

·
Super Moderator
15,718 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
I like the Falken Wildpeak AT3, it is more of a hybrid tire. I drive in a lot of wet, snowy, icy, and dirt roads. I have 255/80 17 on my JLU. I used the stock rims, and no lift. I love these tires.
I had 35s KO2s on my 16. I loved them, and they were quiet. Good on dirt roads, wet, and snow, but not on ice, and not as good as the Falkens. The Falkens howl a little more, but look at the deep wider treads and thats why. I also loved the price. $760 or something for 5 mounted. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like the Falken Wildpeak AT3, it is more of a hybrid tire. I drive in a lot of wet, snowy, icy, and dirt roads. I have 255/80 17 on my JLU. I used the stock rims, and no lift. I love these tires.
I had 35s KO2s on my 16. I loved them, and they were quiet. Good on dirt roads, wet, and snow, but not on ice, and not as good as the Falkens. The Falkens howl a little more, but look at the deep wider treads and thats why. I also loved the price. $760 or something for 5 mounted. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed on the Falkens. I have only had mine for less than 1000 miles, but so far they have been riding very smooth and quiet (even at E rated), and grip very well. Seems like it gets overshadowed by the likes of KO2, Duratracs, etc.

Can't wait to give 'em a winter test.....

Attachments

Reactions: aqualungs
1 - 5 of 5 Posts