Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every one talking about tires lately.
well I started out friday getting tsl radials and came home with procomp xterrains.
I ended up saving money getting these not a hole tire for free but some money.
So I installed them this morning then I hit the trails.
on the way to some trails I noticed they where pretty qiet
on road. they rode relly smooth compaired to the cooper st's that where on the jeep.
but they rod like my bfg's did on road.

on the trails they suprized me right away I can feel they grip well.
I beat these tires up allday long from jagged rock to sand they just grip.
I even found some mud they dug just as well as my bfg's.
some of the rock out here is sharp and tends to tear big chunks out of tires but not the xterrains.

All and all they have inpressed me so far Ill have let you know how they hold up.
 

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
They look good. I'm real new, so I'm going to ask some questions, no snickering. :D

How big are they and did you need a lift (or have an existing lift)?

Is your jeep a daily driver?
 

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Being rather new to this, all the abbreviations, acronyms, and brandnames make little sense to me (not necessarily in his sig, but many of them). And, that unfortunately puts me off on asking questions because I know the info is there, but it's like reading a different language. But thanks, I'll dip my toes a bit more carefully.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,288 Posts
huh? it just says 3" teraflex (brand) lift and then 33" tires
nah im just messin with ya. no you can ask all the questions you want. please don't worry about it. i guess i shouldn't have said that
 

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
naw, I just need to code book.... maybe you guys'll let me in on the sercet handshake too. :p

(no worries, I'm hard to discourage)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tiny terror said:
naw, I just need to code book.... maybe you guys'll let me in on the sercet handshake too. :p

(no worries, I'm hard to discourage)

give it some time you will learn dont be afraid to ask.
 

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
Joined
·
7,760 Posts
tiny terror said:
naw, I just need to code book.... maybe you guys'll let me in on the sercet handshake too. :p

(no worries, I'm hard to discourage)
Don't let BigJeep give you a hard time, he just now got his code book and he's been buggin us for a long time for it. :D :flipoff: :D

Don't be afraid to ask any question that pops into your head. Whether it's right in front you or not we will answer it unlike some other forums.



Nice work on the tires bro, only think I have seen with the XTerrains is that they tend to have a weaker sidewall then some others. However everyone playing on rocks will cut a sidewall at some point in time. But I think with trail/road mix you will really like those better than TSL's. :D
 

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
1BLKJP said:
Don't let BigJeep give you a hard time, he just now got his code book and he's been buggin us for a long time for it. :D :flipoff: :D
(I hope you gave him the one with all the wrong answers just to mess with him ;))

Don't be afraid to ask any question that pops into your head. Whether it's right in front you or not we will answer it unlike some other forums.
So ya'll won't snicker when I ask the difference between a body lift and a suspension lift? (just kidding)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,288 Posts
tiny terror said:
So ya'll won't snicker when I ask the difference between a body lift and a suspension lift? (just kidding)
lol. i thought you were serious at first. you are kidding aren't you? :D

yeah i just got my codebook and just learned it! i haven't read all of it yet :p
 

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
bigjeep said:
lol. i thought you were serious at first. you are kidding aren't you? :D
I can tell you'll laugh if I say yes :p (i know the difference)

yeah i just got my codebook and just learned it! i haven't read all of it yet :p
Better not read it. It's like instructions. I'm pretty sure there's some rule that a man reading instructions requires him to relinquish his man-card (kinda like ordering a drink with fruit in it)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,631 Posts
tiny terror said:
Better not read it. It's like instructions. I'm pretty sure there's some rule that a man reading instructions requires him to relinquish his man-card (kinda like ordering a drink with fruit in it)
now you know I can't let this one slip away...................

I think bigjeep has in "in-training" man-card

I can say this cause I know you have a sense of humor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,057 Posts
firstaidTJ said:
now you know I can't let this one slip away...................

I think bigjeep has in "in-training" man-card

I can say this cause I know you have a sense of humor
At least he doesn't repeat what the senior members have already posted anymore. Also, he hasn't mentioned his "buddy" that has done eveything to his jeep in a while.

Our boy is starting to stretch his wings...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top