Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ran BFG All terrains on my '06 jeep wrangler x. It's time to replace them. I'm trying to find some with a more rugged mean look. I want to find something that can go off road but also won't wear down too fast running it on the highway.. I have looked at the Toyo Open Country M/T's and the BFG mud terrains. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I run 33" Toyo's and love them. I'm on my second set. The first set I got over 50K and 5yrs. They performed on and off road very well. My jeep is a DD and is 99% on the road.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I had 80 k on my old mtrs. They are the e rated 16" wheel ones don't know if it maters. Bought the same months ago. Hope they last as long. Loved them enough to buy again. They look even more rugged now than 10 years ago. Got deeper side treads now.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm at 41K on my BFG Mud Terrain KM, in 33x10.50.
95% DD, occasional offroad

These are a tad loud on the highway over 50 mph... my wife can't talk on the cell phone if we're at 60+ mph :D
My next set, somewhere in the next 5K to 9K miles, will be the same size BFG Mud Terrain KM2. I've heard that these will last just as long, yet be quieter on the highway.
The ATs would be quieter, and maybe a bit better fuel economy... but when I do go offroad with our Tioga group, the ATs simply aren't aggressive enough. Too much sticky mud.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run Cooper Discoverer STT 33x12.50. I did a lot of tire research when buying my lift. I found that those have the best price and highway life with off road performance. I'm on my second set, my buddy liked them so much he got them on his JK in 35s.

Attachments

·
Knows a couple things...
49,002 Posts
BFG's Mud Terrain KM2 is one of the better moderate duty mud terrains out there. It's not unusual to get well over 50k miles of tread life and they are much quieter on the highway than most other mud terrain type tires too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Those are the origianal BFG MT TA's I was lucky enoughto have had the same tire, lasted 10 years daily driver still have tread, side walls were cracking out, doubt you'll find a better affordable, bang for your buck mud tire again. I beleive they realized they made too good a tire and changed the design for sales only. If you had a pair you were lucky, just my limited self educated opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts