Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud to be rejoining the wrangler/TJ family. Sadly last July I had to sell my jeep due to knee surgery. But today after much searching I finally traded my truck for a 97 TJ SE. Aprox 150k 5speed. Ford 8.8 rear end w/ 4.88 gears, chromoly axle shafts, procomp 4" lift. Here's a pic let me know what you guys think

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haines Garage said:
Looks Good from here, Please explain the Ford Rear end to me....Congrats!
The 8.8 rear end is much tougher than the stock Dana 30. For both off road purposes and just pushing the 35s. It's a better choice. Iv had an 8.8 in 2 of the other jeeps iv owned in my opinion you can't beat them. Some ppl swear they're tougher than a Dana 44. Also if you get one from the right year model they already have an electronic locker and 410 gears

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Randens Rubi said:
Looks great! How's the knee? I'm due for surgery myself. Torn meniscus. :(
The knee is good. I tore ACL, meniscus, and retnaculim(don't know how to spell but its what holds your knee cap in place). Full recovery is supposed to be a year. But seems fine now. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Jtaylor1129 said:
The knee is good. I tore ACL, meniscus, and retnaculim(don't know how to spell but its what holds your knee cap in place). Full recovery is supposed to be a year. But seems fine now. Good luck with yours.
Wow how did you manage to do all that? That's WAY worse than my wimpy little tare.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
High school wrestling. I originally tore just what holds the knee cap in place but like an idiot I didn't listen to the doctor. I put off surgery hoping to finish the season. Doing the rest of the damage over the course of 3 weeks And ended up completely blowing my knee out in the state finals. It SUCKED!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the compliments! Tomorrow starts the endless cycle of pouring money in it lol. Gotta love it though. Starting w/ new pitman arm and steering box, then repainting the faded fender flares, wiring up all the lights, new head unit, and upgrading the tie rod as I managed to break 4 on my last tj. After that I don't know. Sure ill think of something when that time comes.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
It looks great from here...and I understand replacing head units and working on lights....but Tie rod ends? before you need them? or do you do a lot of rocks?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts