Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! ive had my tj for about 3 weeks today. its RHD i use it to deliver mail but i also dd it because i love it and i have to modify it because its against my religion to leave a car stock (HA) anyways since i cant get too crazy with lifts and such cuz i still need to be able to reach boxes heres what i have in mind and any suggestions would be great!

for lift/wheels/tires:

i was looking at possibly a 2in lift probably ome brand
now with the 2in lift would 31s be too small looking? and if
i did the 2 inches with 31s would i need regearing or would it be fine with
whats there? wheels im planning to get some regular black steelies 15x8
dont know what backspacing i want yet i like the poked look on jeeps
plus i think the wider stance helps around curves and such

i bought my soft top already a jk friend with many years of jeep ownage is helping me put it on tomorrow i bought the pavement ends flip top, hopefully thats a good or at least decent one ill be using the hardtop in the winter :)

i also plan to get the derale transmission cooler because of the stop and go i do daily she runs a little warm

also tube bumpers and side steps and im planning to monstaline the entire thing inside tub black outside either turquila or barbaric (i love the pink but i dunno if i wanna her to be called a barbie jeep lol)

i think thats it for now! i had an xj before the tj and her death resulted in getting the tj i miss her but man i love the tj! :)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
31's go with a 2 inch like peanut butter and jelly. I would look at alloys for weight savings (15x8) I like springs over budget boost type lifts. I think for the money the 2 inch BDS or OME is hard to beat.

look for 3.75 inch back spacing on the wheels. The Pro Comp 7069 is a alloy wheel that looks like the black steel wheels. My pic shows the same wheel.
<------------

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea bb's scare me a little its kinda like cutting springs on imports which i wouldnt do to my scion lol

these are the wheels im wanting i wanted them for my xj but never got the chance before i killed her

Black Rock Wheels 975581240 - Black Rock Series 975 Type Blade Steel Wheel in Matte Black for Jeep® Vehicles with 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern - Quadratec

i dont really know how much off roading id really do i cant afford to have her broken since shes my work vehicle but i would love to go to the beach and play

1 - 3 of 3 Posts