Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New to this forum and all the info is great and much appreciated. I bought my jeep a week or so ago and didnt wait long to lift it and add tire/wheels. I got the 4" zone and pro comp 15's with 33/12.5 KM2's. I wanting to paint the hardtop black but unsure of which route to go. Im thinkin plasi dip or truckbed liner. Any suggestions or pictures would be great. Also any other must do reasonably priced mod suggestions that you have please post here.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I recently did my hard top. I used the "hammered" rustoleum. Until now I had a white in white jeep and wanted to go black for the top. Also, mine is a '97, making the top 15 years old already. Adding a barrier will help it last longer, methinks.

As far as rustoleum goes, I don't think you can go wrong...but their bed liner would be toughest.

I also plastidipped my hood black. Don't get me wrong, I love it. In fact, I'm planning on doing the whole TJ soon. But I would not dip your roof. It's the largest horizontal surface you have and will take the brunt of weather, etc. Best to go with a permanent solution than deal with constant peeling and touch-ups, especially because winter is coming.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Plasti dip would be the wrong coating. It peels off. If you do any off roading in brush, it will be coming off not to mention around the doors where you make entry/exit contact. Myself and others have used Krylon Fusion.

·
Registered
274 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts