Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just bought a 95 i need a little help with. My question is, how hard should it be to put it into 4wd Hi from a standstill? And should it click multiple times the whole way down?

While this may be my first post, I do know which end of a wrench is what. I have a Miata that I've turbo'd w/ a standalone ECU and many MANY other upgrades and have done a ton of work on cars. Just this whole 4 wheels turning thing is new to me.

Look forward to posting here often.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Fairly easy and only the one click to engage.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
4 hi you should be moving, any legal speed is how they describe it in the manual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome to the forum...I have a Miata also...mine has the 1.8...I don't know how hard it would be to turbo.....
It's so easy to turbo. do a google search for Bell Engineering and order the S3 package with the GT2554 (or 65, I can;t remember what it is). I got a 97 1.8L and it was so easy to install the turbo. Everything fits perfectly. Nothing like a hack job I'm used to doing in a VW or a Honda. plus, Corky Bell gives a lot of support in his kits. Comes with a color manual and everytrhign is sorted correctly into bags.

Anyways, thatnks for the welcome.

I guess I have a problem then. My jeep click many times as I'm pulling it down into 4X4. Any idea what it could be? Like I said, I know nothing about 4X4's.

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
that's a pretty big change, going from a miate to a jeep. you can treat your jeep like a car port, just park the miata under it.

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
lol. i must say miatas are pretty impressive for their size. it is just funny to see someone driving one w/ the top down. usually their head is above the windshield. mmmmmm, bugs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The thing with my miata is that it goes by you so fast that you don't have a chance to see where my head is :)

I now have the two extremes. A turbo Sports car and a lifted off road vehicle. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts