Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a first post for me. I got my 2001 jeep wrangler last July. What a great decision that was. I live in North Carolina and love riding with the top down. It is time to replace the soft top. How hard is this to do? Can i do this by myself or do I need help? I have looked on e-bay to purchase a top but not sure if I can install it! Also a rivet has popped on the latch to fasten the top down. Help! Afraid to open top as don't know if it will re-latch. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
298 Posts
First of all, welcome and Im Glad you are enjoying you jeep and replacing a soft top is very easy to do yourself with the OEM equipment. I'm not sure how difficult it will be due to the damaged rivet though, never had to deal with that problem before, other than that it is pretty simple, just takes some patients and you will get it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Going to take it to the shop and find out about the rivet in the latch. Getting ready to order the top and see how it goes. Worst case I take it to someone to fix if I can't get it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
As long as you get the rivet and latch taken care of you should have no problem with the new top

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hard top for 2004 TJ

Hey TJ Owners - i just purchased a 2004 TJ, and really enjoying it. i've wanted one since i was a youngster, now the kids are old enough (Dad gets his toy). It came with a soft top in great condition, so now the idea is to start looking for a hard top early for later this year when the weather gets a little rougher out here in Oregon.

If i buy a used Hard top; about what is a realistic price for one in good/great shape? i've seen them from $500 to $1500, i'm guessing somewhere in there. If i buy New they are anywhere from $1600 to $2300 - is there a version better than others? are they all the same? etc.

any guidance would be appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts