Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a Wrangler X 2007 and I can't be any happier. 36000 miles used, and its in great condition, but I do have a couple questions, especially since I am new to jeep.

1. My Jeep Wrangler 2007 V6 3.8L was just purchased. It has 36000 miles on it, and I have recently noticed that the idiling in park can be felt through the seats, while at a stop light you can feel it as well. I have tried the Sea Foam technic in the gas tank, but to no avail, could it be bad gas? bad oil?

2. Sometimes while driving, from 0 to acceleration I have felt a little jolt or knock what seems to be coming out of the back axle. Could I just not be used to the Jeep or could it be something else?

Other than that, I am a very proud Jeep Owner.

·
Registered
802 Posts
:wavey: from Oregon

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome!! Check out your rear drive shaft and make sure the u-joints aren't broken. I just replace mine and it will sound like a clunking noise. they cost like 8 bucks and are easy to replace. Welcome again!! :D

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
At 36k your plugs should be fine. Check your wires however. It's possible there could be some wear from rubbing or contaminants. A good way to check is to pull into a garage and look under the hood with the engine running in total darkness. If any of your wires are arcing it's time to replace them.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
^ yea what he said. i found loose connection to the plugs it had felt like delays in exceleration.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Congrats! And welcome to the forum.

Did you buy your Jeep private party, or dealership? Any chance of warranty?

And lastly.... I thought 2007s were 3.8L, 4 Cylinders? Am I mistaking, or was this an X Version optional upgrade?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
:wavey: from the other side of Oregon

2. Sometimes while driving, from 0 to acceleration I have felt a little jolt or knock what seems to be coming out of the back axle. Could I just not be used to the Jeep or could it be something else?
This might be your muffler, especially if it's an aftermarket. Mine does this.
But definitely check your drivelines for play, so that you can rule that out.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
JackdUp said:
Congrats! And welcome to the forum.

Did you buy your Jeep private party, or dealership? Any chance of warranty?

And lastly.... I thought 2007s were 3.8L, 4 Cylinders? Am I mistaking, or was this an X Version optional upgrade?
A 3.8L 4 banger would be quite the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts