Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm new to jeeps, no one around me has ever had one and I've always loved looking at them so I bought one (Jeep Wrangler YJ 1992 4.0L 6 cylinder 3-speed automatic) it came with a soft top half doors. I looked around and bought full doors and a hard top so knowing nothing about it or having any friends/family that do I bought a book on it my questions are..

1. Hard top installment.

The book says to pop rivet in the front and bolt in the back using the soft top holes is this what you guys have done or is there some other way to do it?

2. Lifting 2 - 2.5".

I've heard shackles, leaf springs, spacers, just about everything there is really, whats the best way to go about doing this in your opinion?

Any help is greatly appreciated :). I don't really know whats best having next to no experience around jeeps of any kind. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Personally, I'm kind of new also...I put a 4" rough country lift on mine, and wished I had Done the spring over axle lift. Not a big deal, I like the lift. Body lifts are ugly, you will find. I have no help for your hardtop...I still have a soft top.

·
Registered
511 Posts
There's 4 bolts on each side that hold it down. Tighten them up and you're good to go. The tough part of the hard top is lifting it on or off. It's pretty heavy. Have a buddy help you or you can pick up a set up that mounts to your garage ceiling that will lift it off or set it down with a series of pulleys. As far as lifting it goes, I'd personally stick with a suspension lift. The body lifts on these YJs can be very cumbersome. As far as lift height, it all depends on how large of a tire you want to run. Just keep in mind that you may need to change components of your driveline if you go with a taller lift. Never hesitate to ask questions either. This forum is filled with knowledgable people that are always willing to help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts