Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

I just bought 2004 Jeep wrangler sport

it has really rough tires on it. Big mud tires that makes it a really rough ride and also they look like they need to be changed.

BUT.... I love the look of it.

I want to get bulky tires but I won't be using the car off road at all. So I need something that is good on pavement.

The rims I have are 15 inches M/T
Tires on them are 33x12.50

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
What tires do you have on it currently?

For a streetable tire, many people like the Goodyear Duratrac, or if you wheel in sharp rocks a lot, the Falken Wildpeak

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nitto terra grapplers would be my choice if i were only looking for an AT tire. Check it out on there website and read all the reviews and blogs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant remember the current ones on. but my spare tire is mickey Thompson ZTV or something like that. 33x12.5x15

I will check out the nitto terra. What about the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO Tires?

what do you guys think about those?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
wrangnj said:
I cant remember the current ones on. but my spare tire is mickey Thompson ZTV or something like that. 33x12.5x15

I will check out the nitto terra. What about the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO Tires?

what do you guys think about those?
From what I've heard the KOs are a pretty good street tire

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
If you have 33x12.50-15 on there right now, and you want a great tire that will do a great job in rain, snow, and dry highway weather...then get the Hankook Dynapro ATMs from discounttiredirect.com and you'll love them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a Jeep that is mainly for on-road use - been looking at tires since I wore out the original ones (Goodyear Wrangler). I will NOT be buying those same tires again. they had decent traction when new, but 15K mi on a mail route wore them out - as in about bald. will probably get Michelins next

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
You could also look at General tire AT2 they are real good tires, good in snow and water.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The Duratracs are better than the T/A KOs in so many ways. I had the T/A KOs first then went with the Duratracs. They look very aggressive, but are quiet on the road, and are great in the rain. they are also lighter, which will give better mpgs, and shorter stopping distances.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
All the goodyears seem to have a much shorted tread life than theyre supposed to, and they cost more.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Really, cost more? my 33x12.50x15s cost $169 ea. That included mounting, balance, and warranty.

I think most people see 40-45,000 miles, with them. sure you could get a tire with a harder compound- which equals longer tread life, but then you'll have that harsher/noisy ride. and not very good manners in the rain.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
whoa, calm down now, I'd like to see that reciept. And if it's legit, Ill be shopping there from now on.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
tigerblood said:
whoa, calm down now, I'd like to see that reciept. And if it's legit, Ill be shopping there from now on.

Mine were $151/tire but didn't include mount and balance since there is no discount tire near me.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Tirerack.com I bought my Dick Cepek DC2 wheels and the Duratrac tires at the same time, they were shipped to my house, mounted/inflated and balanced on the wheels. wheels were $125 ea. my warranty is covered by my local Goodyear tire dealer, Tirerack.com set all that up for me. when I installed my lift I took my old gambler wheels with the T/A KO tires off. finished the lift and installed the new wheels/tires, then had my local Goodyear tire dealer do a Laser alignment check. it's been great ever since.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
did I mention that you can get 2 rebate checks for the tires, one from goodyear $60 and one from treadlightly, saving you alittle more $$ off the top

·
Registered
427 Posts
The treadlightly rebate isn't available anymore from what i've read.

I'd go with General Grabber AT2.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
just checked, and the treadlightly rebate did end on Oct 15th 2012.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts