Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought first wrangler yesterday, 93 in pretty damn good shape. Love it already but there is a few things that need addressed. The wiper/turn signal switch broke off. Previous owner said thats the second time it got broke off and he messed up the multifunction switch so even if i put a new one on the wipers wont turn on? Also seems like the clutch has some chatter when releasing it, only in reverse and 1st and its not bad just a little annoying. Could that mean clutch wasnt installed right? last thing is when moving fast (over 40) the transmission kind of grinds/rattles when in neutral or when in gear with clutch depressed. any ideas on that? thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Throw out bearing maybe?

Sounds like you should do a decent head to toe check on this rig. Might of had a neglectful P.O.

And x2 on those pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking maybe throw out bearing didnt look like dropping the trans on one of these would be to difficult though.

heres the only one i have for now, looks pretty decent almost zero rust, hardtop and inside tub are bedlined

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also is there some sort of clutch safety switch on these? died on me earlier tried startin it back up and nothing. replaced loose battery connections, started it back up and it dies when i put it in gear, start it up again and same thing, now nothing again. key on and the guages dont come on or anything, no power at all. maybe just a loose connection somewhere ill keep looking.

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah if your gauges arent working you have a major power loss. Check the starter switch for loose/corroded connections. Its on the right firewall below and to the side of the battery.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
What they said above but one of the famous power failures is the grounds on the passenger side of the engine 2.5 is near the dipstick.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i gonna take a gander that the rattle you hear when releasing the clutch in first or reverse is because of the lift. Was the transfer case dropped to accomodate the angle change in the driveshaft?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
24 Posts
With regards to the wiring issue, when I bought my 87, the first 25 miles driving were fantastic, and then it died in a parking lot, just kaput. Found out that a wire from inside one of the harnesses had a short, and melted all the way to the starter selenoid, where it had abruptly melted off. a fuseable link fixed this issue. check for loose/melted wiring around your starter selenoid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts