Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it hard to swap the 2.5 for the 4.0,,is the tranny the same my buddy said everything the same the 4.0 will built rite in place but hes never owned a jeep hes jus one of them know it alls

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha
hahaahahahahhahahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahaahhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahshahhhhahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
well you tell your friend he is no know it all and taht is for sure. i did taht swap, you need either the whole drive line, or, at least the tranny. haahah new driveshafts a welder, you have to move the motor mounts, your tranny is basically junk if you were to even think about putting it behind that 4.0, it just isn't made for it, hell i don't think anyone has ever thought about bolting it to the 4.0. just to let you know, i used almost all salvage parts for my swap, had to fabricate alot of stuff myself, and all the time and money...sell yours and
buy a 4.0 i promise you its easier and maybe even cheaper.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
read yjwranglers build thread, its hilarious.:rofl:

ax 5 won't bolt to the 4.0 even if you wanted it to. splines are different on the shafts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts